Share Us |
The 6 (six) Kalimas are recorded in various books of knowledge, and are recited (and remembered) by people across the globe.
These kalimas were compiled together for children to memorise and learn the basic fundamentals of a Muslim's beliefs. They are not found altogether complete in any one hadith or narration from the Prophet (peace be upon him). However, some of them can be found individually in the narrations.
Listed below are the 6 well known Kalimas.
First Kalima - Kalima Tayyabah:
The word Tayyabah means Purity . The first requirement for a non-Muslim to become Muslim, is to say this kalima. By saying this, a person nullifies existing of any false gods and delcares Allah Almighty as the one and only God and Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is His Messenger.
English Translation : There is no God but Allah Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah
Second Kalima - Kalima Shahdaat :
The word Shahdaat means Testimony or Witness
English Translation: I bear witness that no-one is worthy of worship but Allah, the One alone, without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad (PBUH) is His servant and Messenger.
Third Kalima - Kalima Tamjeed:
The word Tamjeed means Glorification .
English Translatio: Glory be to Allah and Praise to Allah, and there is no God But Allah, and Allah is the Greatest. And there is no Might or Power except with Allah.
Fourth Kalima - Kalima Tauheed:
The word Tauheed means Unity .
English Translation: (There is) none worthy of worship except Allah. He is only One. (There is) no partners for Him. For Him (is) the Kingdom. And for Him (is) the Praise. He gives life and acuses death. And He (is) Alive. He will not die, never, ever. Possessor of Majesty and Reverence. In His hand (is) the goodness. And He (is) the goodness. And He (is) on everything powerful.
Fifth Kalima - Kalima Ishtaghfar:
The word Ishtagfar means Forgiveness, Penitence .
English Translation: I seek forgiveness from Allah, my Lord, from every sin I committed knowingly or unknowingly, secretly or openly, and I turn towards Him from the sin that I know and from the sin that I do not know. Certainly You, You (are) the knower of the hidden things and the Concealer (of) the mistakes and the Forgiver (of) the sins. And (there is) no power and no strength except from Allah, the Most High, the Most Great.
Sixth Kalima - Kalima Rud-E-Kufr:
The word Rud-e-Kufr means Rejecting the Disbelief .
English Translation: O Allah! Certainly I seek protection with You from, that I associate partner with You anything and I know it. And I seek forgiveness from You for that I do not know it. I repended from it and I made myself free from disbelief and polytheism and the falsehood and the back-biting and the innovation and the tell-tales and the bad deeds and the blame and the disobedience, all of them. And I submit and I say (there is) none worthy of worship except Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.
Q. What is IMAAN?
A. IMAAN is to have FAITH in something and to proclaim it. To a Muslim IMAAN means firm belief in Allah and the teachings of our Nabi Hazrat MUHAMMAD MUSTAFA
"I believe in Allah as He is with Him many names and qualities and I have accepted all His orders."
A Muslim has to proclaim faith in seven things, these are: -
"I believe in Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers, in the Day of Judgment, and that Fate good and bad is given by Allah, and the life after death."
1. Allah is ONE.
2. He alone is worthy of worship and none besides Him is worthy of worship.
3. He has no PARTNER.
4. Nothing is hidden from Him, He even knows the thoughts that go into a person's mind.
5. He is the most POWERFUL.
6. He has created the earth, the skies, the sun, the moon, the stars, the angel, human beings and the whole universe.
7. He gives life and death .
8. He gives sustenance to all creation.
9. He does not eat, drink or sleep.
10. He is forever and will be forever.
11. He was not created by anyone.
12. He does not have any parents, wife or children.
13. He does not depend on anybody. All depend on Him.
14. Nobody resembles Allah, and He resembles none.
15. He is pure from all faults.
16. He does not have eyes, nose or a body like that of human beings.
17. We should therefore PRAY to HIM for all our requirements.
1. Allah has created Angels out of light and gave them various duties to perform.
2. They are not visible to us.
3. They do not commit any sins nor do they disobey Allah.
4. They do what Allah has ordered.
5. We do not know their exact number.
6. We know of four famous Angels. They are: -
Hazrat JIBRAEEL Alayhis Salaam.
Hazrat MICHAEEL Alayhis Salaam.
Hazrat IZRAAELL Alayhis Salaam.
Hazrat ISRAFEEL Alayhis Salaam.
7. Hazrat JIBRAEEL (Alayhis-Salaam) brought Allah's Books, Orders and messages to all the Prophets. He was also sent to help the Prophets at times and fight against their enemies.
8. Hazrat MICHAAEEL (A.S.) is in charge of food and rain. Other Angels work under him who are in charge of clouds, the seas, the rivers and the winds. He gets the order from Allah. He then orders the others under his command.
9.Hazrat IZRAAEEL (A.S.) takes away life with the order of Allah. He is in charge of death. Numerous Angels work under him. Some take away the lives of good persons whilst others looking very fearful take away the lives of sinners and disbelievers.
10. Hazrat ISRAAFEEL (A.S.) will blow the SOOR (TRUMPET) on the DAY OF JUDGMENT . The sound will destroy and kill everything that is on earth and in the skies. When he blows for the second time all will come to life with the order of Allah.
11. There are two Angels that are always with every person. One writes all his GOOD DEEDS whilst the other enters all his BAD DEEDS. They are known as :- KIRAAMAN-KAATIBEEN.
12. The MUNKAR and NAKEER question a person when he dies.
13. Some Angels are in charge of HEAVEN , some of HELL , some of looking after children, the old ,the weak and others whom Allah wishes to protect.
14. From the QURAN and HADITH we come to know that various other angels are in charge of various other duties.
Books Of Allah
1. Allah has revealed His Books to various Prophets for the guidance of their nations.
2. The big Books are called KITAABS whilst the small ones are called SAHIFAS.
3. The four main Books that were revealed are the:
4. HOLY QURAN .
4. The TOURAAT (OLD TESTAMENT) was given to Hazrat MOOSA (Alayhis-Salaam).
5. The ZABOOR (PSALMS) were given to Hazrat DAWOOD (Alayhis-Salaam).
6. The INJEEL (NEW TESTAMENT) was given to Hazrat ESA (Alayhis-Salaam).
7. The HOLY QURAN, the final Book of Allah was revealed to Hazrat MUHAMMAD MUSTAFA .
8. Besides these there were many more smaller Kitaabs revealed, e.g.
10 Sahifas were revealed to Hazrat ADAM (Alayhis-Salaam ).
50 Sahifas were revealed to Hazrat SHIES (Alayhis-Salaam).
30 Sahifas were revealed to Hazrat IRIS (Alayhis-Salaam).
Between 10 and 30 Sahifas were revealed to Hazrat IBRAHAM (Alayhis-Salaam) (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon all of them).
9. All the other Books besides the HOLY QURAN were revealed at once.
10. The HOLY QURAN was revealed over a period of 23 years.
11. All the other Books are no more in their original form. Changes, alterations and additions have been made to them.
12. The HOLY QURAN has been memorized by thousands from the beginning of ISLAM right to the present day.
13. Allah has promised to safeguard the text of the HOLY QURAN, which is miraculous.
14. The HOLY QURAN was the final book of Allah. It is still pure, clear and free from any change or alteration.
Messengers Of Allah
1. Allah sent many messengers to this world from time to time to guide mankind.
2. These messengers were known as RASOOLS and NABIS.
3. The FIRST of these messengers was HAZRAT AADAM (Alayhis-Salaam) (Peace be upon him) whilst the LAST was HAZRAT MUHAMMAD MUSTAFA .
4. We do not know the names of all the NABIS that came into the world.
5. There were about 124 000 Nabis.
6. All the NABIS and RASOOLS were human beings whom Allah chose to convey his message to the people.
7. They always spoke the truth, committed no sins and conveyed the message without adding or leaving out anything.
8. They performed miracles with the help of Allah Ta'ala.
9. All the RASOOLS were NABIS but not all NABIS were RASOOLS.
10. A RASOOL is a Prophet who received a new SHARIAT (Divine Law) and Book from Allah. A NABI follows the SHARIAT of a RASOOL or a Prophet before him.
11. No person can become a NABI or a RASOOL by his own effort.
12. No more Prophets will come after our NABI Hazrat MUHAMMAD MUSTAFA . He was the final Prophet of Allah.
13. In the HOLY QURAN Allah Ta'ala mentioned our NABI Hazrat MUHAMMAD
MUSTAFA as KHAATAMUN NABIYEEN which means that he is the LAST of all the NABIS.
14. The name of some other NABIS and RASOOLS mentioned in the QURAAN are Hazrat EBRAHIM, ISMAIL, YAHYA, ZAKARIA, YUNUS, IDRIS, YACOOB and SULEMAN (Alay-Himus-Salaam).
15. Our NABI Hazrat MUHAMMAD MUSTAFA was of the highest position amongst all the Prophets.
16. All the Prophets of Allah preached the oneness of Allah Ta'ala.
The SAHAABAH (Companions) of RASULULLAH
People who either saw NABI or stayed in his company, embraced ISLAM and died as MUSLIMS are known as SAHAABAH.
Singular: Sahaabi - Plural: Sahaabah.
Any person who was in the companionship or saw NABI for even a very little while is a Sahaabi provided he or she died a MUSLIM.
1. Rasulullah mentioned: "All the Sahabaah are just and pious and whomsoever amongst them you shall follow, you shall be guided."
2. The highest rank amongst the Sahaabah is that of Hazrat ABU BAKR . His position is superior to the entire Ummah (followers) of Rasulullah till the day of QIYAAMAT.
Next in rank is Hazrat OMAR bin KHATTAB . Thereafter is the position of Hazrat OSMAN , and then Hazrat ALI .
Thereafter the position of the other Sahaabah is best known by ALLAH TA'ALA alone.
3. Amongst the Sahaabah is a group of TEN Companions regarding whom NABI gave the glad tiding of JANNAT ( Paradise ). These are known as the ASHARA-E-MUBASHSHARAH (the ten who have been given the glad tidings of JANNAT). They are:-
1. Hazrat Abu Bakr .
2. Hazrat Omar .
3. Hazrat Osman .
4. Hazrat Ali .
5. Hazrat Talha .
6. Hazrat Zubair .
7. Hazrat Abdur Rahman bin Auf .
8. Hazrat Saad bin abi Waqqas .
9. Hazrat Saeed bin Jubair .
10. Hazrat Abu Ubaidah bin Jarrah .
It is from the Sahaabah the world learnt the DEEN of ISLAM. It is from them that we established the SHARIAT and obtained the SUNNAH of our NABI
A non-Sahabi is not equal in rank to the LOWEST Sahaabi, even though the non-Sahaabi may be the greatest WALI (pious friend of Allah).
It is COMPULSORY to show respect to all the Sahaabah, and ABSTAIN from speaking ill and criticising the noble Sahaabah of Rasulullah .
1. Allah has the knowledge of everything before its creation.
2. Allah has given human beings the willpower and the ability of doing good or bad.
3. Allah's knowledge of what good or bad one would do even before one is created is called TAQDEER or FATE.
4. All favours are by Allah's will alone and no misfortune can happen except by the will of Allah.
5. Therefore we should not despair over any misfortune or boast over any favour. This teaches us that we should he thankful to Allah for his favours and patient over any misfortune.
The Last Day (Qiyamat)
1. This world will one day come to an end.
2. Besides Allah Ta'ala no one knows the exact day of Qiyamat. Only this much is known that on Friday the l0th of Moharram Hazrat ISRAFFEL (Alayhis Salaam) will be ordered to blow the soor (Bugle).
3. The sound will cause every living person or creature to die.
4. The earth will be shaken up. The mountain will become like flakes of cotton wool the sun and the moon will crash. The stars will lose their shine and the whole universe will be destroyed.
5. The approach of Qiyamat will be known by its signs shown to us by our NABI HAZRAT MUHAMMAD MUSTAFA .
6. Some of these signs are as follows:-
(a) People will disobey their parents and disrespect them.
(b) Breach of trust.
(c) Singing, music and dancing will become common.
(d) Illiterate people will become leaders.
(e) People will speak ill of their ancestors and the previous pious people.
(f) People of low means will begin to boast of high buildings.
(g) Unworthy people will be given high posts.
The Life After Death
1. After the day of Qiyamat when everything will be destroyed, Hazrat ISRAFEEL (Alayhis salaam) will be ordered to blow the bugle (soor) for the second time.
2. Once again every person that lived on this earth from the time of Hazrat AADAM (Alayhis Salaam) up to the final day would be given new life.
3. They will all gather before Allah Ta'ala for judgment in the MAIDAAN-E-HASHR (Field of Resurrection).
4. They would have to give an account of their deeds.
5. The day on which this will be done is called :-
YAUM-UL-HASHR : Day of Resurrection
YAUM-UL-JAZA and YAUMU DEEN : Day of Judgment
YAUM-UL-HISAAB : Day of Reckoning (Account).
6. The good would be blessed and rewarded with JANNAT or PARADISE .
7. The evil ones would be punished in JAHANNAM . (Hell)
Besides the Kuffaar and Mushrikeen Allah Ta'aala will forgive whomsoever He wishes.
9. KUFFAAR- Plural of KAAFIR meaning one who disbelieves in Allah.
10. MUSHRIKEEN- Plural of MUSHRIK meaning one who associates with Allah Ta'aala any partner in His being or attributes